Am I A Candidate?
Have you started receiving your annual mammogram? If not, consider this: women age 40 and older should have a mammogram every year and continue to do so for as long as they are in good health. While mammograms can miss some cancers, they are still a great, noninvasive way to find breast cancer.
You are a candidate for a mobile mammogram if you:
- Are age 40 or older (or ages 35-39 with a doctor’s referral)
- Have not had a mammogram within the past 12 months (most insurance companies limit the number of mammograms allowed within a 12-month period)
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have no personal history of breast cancer
- Have no unusual breast symptoms such as a lump
*If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or feel a lump in your breast, talk to your doctor about getting a different exam or call 358-7020 to learn more.